Officials of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series are excited to announce the 37th Annual East Bay Winternationals being held Feb 10-16th at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa, FL. The week-long purse will pay out over $200,000 during the week! This year’s events at the famed “Clay by the Bay” will start on Sunday night Feb 10th, with an open practice session for racers to shake down their cars in preparation for the week long journey.
The 37th annual event will officially get started on Monday Feb 11th. There will be a complete show starting at 6:00PM EST each night. Drivers will be competing for $5,000 to win on both Monday and Tuesday nights. On Wednesday and Thursday nights, drivers will compete for $7,000 to win each of those two nights. The final two nights, Friday and Saturday, events will pay $10,000 to win respectively. The final two events on Friday and Saturday will mark the first points paying events for the 2013 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. Each night’s events will include Hot laps, Time Trials, Heat Races, B-Mains, Strawberry Dash, and an A-Main feature event each night.
The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series is also excited to announce that the Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon and Courtyard Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon are the Official “Host Hotels” of the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series for the 37th Annual East Bay Winternationals. These hotels are offering special rates to anyone attending the Winternationals. For anyone looking to make a reservation, ask for the “East Bay Raceway” rate by calling the Fairfield Inn & Suites at 813-661-9719, or the Courtyard Inn & Suites Tampa-Brandon at 813-661-9559. To make a reservation at either of these hotels online, simply click cwp.marriott.com/tpabr/eastbayraceway and then click on the name of the hotel to complete the booking process. Both hotels are located just a few minutes from the track, on Palm River Road and are 1 block from many dining and shopping options.
For Drivers, Builders, and Crew here is a quick list of Items that will be checked during Technical Inspection:
- 25 1/2″ Engine Set Back from the Back of the Block
- 52″ Nose Length from Front Hub with 1″ tolerance
- 4″ Dish in Filler Panel above Fender Floppers
- 3″ Fender Flopper Height above the Fender Tops
- 76″ Across the Top of the Doors with 1″ tolerance
- No breaks in Sail Panels, 2″ radius maximum
- 103″ minimum – 105″ maximum Wheelbase
- 53″ Quarter Panel Length from Center of Rear Hub to Top Edge with 1″ tolerance
- 48″ Quarter Panel Horizontal Length from Center of Rear Hub with 1″ tolerance
- 3″ Space between the Left Side Sail Panel and Spoiler Side
- 38″ Deck Height with 1″ maximum tolerance
- 1/2″ Radius at the top of the Doors, Fenders, and Quarter Panels
- No Aluminum Front or Rear Bumpers
- No Mesh Quarter Panels
American Racer SD23, SD33, SD38, SD44, MD56 (including white dots)
Hoosier 1100, 1200, 1300, LM20, 1350, LM40, 1600 (including white dots)
- Must use the same set of 4 tires for both time trials and heat race in order to
maintain original starting spot in assigned heat race
- For the B-Mains, competitors must use three of the four tires that the
competitor used for qualifying and his heat race, and will only be allowed
one new tire for the B-Main.
- For the feature, competitors may use all new tires.
2013 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series/East Bay “Winternationals” Schedule
East Bay Raceway Park-Tampa, FL
Sunday, February 10th – Open Practice Session – 6-9 PM
Monday, February 11th – $5,000 to win
Tuesday, February 12th – $5,000 to win
Wednesday, February 13th – $7,000 to win
Thursday, February 14th – $7,000 to win
Friday, February 15th – $10,000 to win (points event)
Saturday, February 16th – $10,000 to win (points event)